Wedding Shopping in Mumbai: Tips and RecommendationsComments Off on Wedding Shopping in Mumbai: Tips and Recommendations Advice, Lehengas and Sherwanis, Shopping in India, wedding planning
Happy Holi Lovely Ladies! On this colorful day we bring you #WeddingWednesday post about shopping in Mumbai.
Mumbai is a wonderful city to shop at for your wedding. The choices are great, and you can find bridalwear in all price ranges. In this blog post, I will talk about the various shopping districts in Mumbai to shop for wedding trousseau.
Being the tinsel town, there are a ton of designers in Mumbai. Here is a list of designers by the area:
Designers/ Designer Stores in Juhu:
- Ritu Kumar: Ritu Kumar is one of the first fashion designers of India. Known for her elegant designs and modern interpretation of traditional techniques like zardozi and fine embroidery, Ritu’s designs are amazing and also comparatively more affordable for a big label.
- Gimmicks: Known for designer wear and readymade outfits, Gimmick’s is a great store to shop at.
- Kimaya: Kimaya is known for featuring top designers in their stores. Check them out for Indian, Indo Western, as well as accessories.
Designers in Bandra:
- Tarun Tahiliani: Known for elegance, refinement, and sophistication in his designs, this designer needs no introduction.
- Manish Malhotra: Known to dress all the Bollywood Divas, Manish Malhotra is a great designer to go to for your bridalwear.
Designers in Santacruz:
- Neeta Lulla: Another celebrity couturier, Neeta Lulla is known for her signature style.
Designers/ Designer Stores in South Mumbai:
- Aza: Aza features a wonderful collection from big labels such as Sabyasachi, Rohit Bal, Neeta Lulla, Gaurav Gupta, Anamika Khanna and many more.
- Ensemble: Featuring beautiful creations of many designers, Ensemble is a one stop shop for designer bridalwear.
Identical Bridesmaids Saris:
- Suruchi in Juhu
- Seasons in Santacruz
- Aishwarya Design Studio
- Nalli’s for South Indian Saris
Tips for Shopping in Mumbai:
• Plan your shopping trip according to the area of the stores. Visit store area wise to get the maximum coverage.
• Most stores have websites. You should visit websites to check out the different styles and see what is the best fit for you.
• You should not go during monsoon season. Mumbai is typically closed on those days as there is high tide because of the proximity to the meach and it is raining heavily.