Checklist of decor items for your wedding ceremony/ reception2 Comments Advice, cake, centerpieces, decor, Planning Checklist
Decor is the one of the most important elements of your wedding. The look of your wedding leaves a lasting impression on the guest’s mind. There are so many extensions to decor that are not just limited to look and feel. You also need a number of things for the ceremony, which a decorator provides. Here is a checklist of decor items you must discuss with your decorator.
- Flowers for the hair: A lot of the brides like to adorn their hair with fresh flowers. Be it gajra made of tuberoses, roses or even orchids – these can really add a great accent to your hairdo.
- Bouquet for the bride: Bridal bouquets can be as simple or elaborate as you want. Recently I saw a bouquet of roses with rhinestone accents, which looked absolutely gorgeous!
- Bouquet for the bridesmaids: The bridesmaids bouquets would be simpler that the bridal bouquet, but at the same time should match in terms of the colors and flowers with the bride’s bouquet.
- Milni Garlands: A lot of the families have the tradition of “milni” right after baraat, where the male members of the bride’s family greet the male members of the groom’s side. Its a real fun and joyous tradition, where they garland each other.
- Flower petals for Puja Thalis and Aashirwaad: Flower petals are needed for Aarti thaali, when the mother does aarti to the groom, for various offerings during the ceremony as well as for Aashirwaad, when the bride and groom are showered with flower petals by family and guests. This element can be overlooked sometimes, and it’s always nice to remind your decorator to bring extra flower petals.
- Trays for Jai Mala, Milni Garlands and Puja Supplies: Its always nice if your decorator can provide nice trays for this stuff.
- Ganesha statue(s): This can be used to decorate the entrance of your ceremony or reception area, as well as many of these can be used in Aisle Decor.
- Diyas or Lamps: You might want to incorporate diyas or oil lamps in your decor.
- Jaimala: These are the garlands used during the wedding ceremony by the bride and groom.
- Aisle Decor: This includes pillars, fabric swags, floral arrangements and flower petals.
- Ribbon to block the Aisle: This is crucial to prevent your guests from walking along the aisle.
- Mandap: This includes the mandap structure/pillars/draperie, mandap florals, mandap chairs, cushions and the fire pit or the havan kund (Very important!).
- Doli/Palanquin: This is totally optional, but definitely adds a nice touch to the ceremony.
- Decor for the ceremony and reception chairs: This could be pomanders, sashes, bows or chair covers.
- Boutonnieres and Corsages: These are again optional. But often times, the groom and groomsmen would wear boutonnieres for the reception.
- Gift box/ Birdcage: You might ask the decorator to provide and/ or decorate these.
- Centerpieces: You will need these for guest tables, sweetheart table/ head table, cocktail tables, place card table and guestbook/pictures table.
- Tealights/ Votives: You will need these to accent all your centerpieces.
- Sweet heart table Set up: These days more and more couples are going for sweet heart tables with very creative set ups. Discuss the different options with your decorator.
- Flowers for the cake: Fresh flowers look gorgeous on the cake.
- Special Linen or overlays: You can order specialty linen or overlays for the guest tables, buffet tables etc.
- Rose bud or a flower for each place setting: Again a beautiful touch!