Wedding Shopping in Delhi: Tips and Recommendations74 Comments Advice, Favors, gifts, invitations, jewelry, Lehengas and Sherwanis, Shopping in India, Trousseau, wedding planning, Wedding Saris
I love shopping in Delhi! When I got married, I did all my shopping from there and really enjoyed my experience. The amazing choices, affordable prices, and VIP treatment are just a few reasons why you would go there for your wedding shopping. In this blog post, I will talk about the various shopping districts in Delhi and some of my favorite stores shopping for wedding trousseau.
- South Extension (Part I and II): Conveniently located in South Delhi, South Extension is a shopping area full of big stores:
- Ushnak Mal: Great for Lehengas, Salwar Kameez and Chudidars. Highly recommended!
- Nalli – Famous for South Indian Saris, especially Silk Kanjeevarams.
- Regal: Wedding Shoes, purses and accessories. Comes recommended!
- BG’s – Purses, clutch bags, bindis, and accessories. Very stylish!
- Wedding Weaves – Men’s sherwanis. Amazing designs – Highly recommended!
- Big Joes – Accessories
- Jass Jewelers: Great for silver jewelry, accessories and gift items. Pricey, but recommended!
Greater Kailash I: This area is also located in South Delhi, but comes with a big price tag. Worth checking out though.
- Laffaire: Nice sarees, but a little pricey.
- Street Hawkers: Check out the hawkers on the side of this shopping area for amazing accessories.
- Champalal Jewellery: Beautiful diamond, and polki jewelry. Highly recommended!
- Hazoorilal & Sons Jewellers: Nice jewelry, but a little pricey.
Hauz Khas Village: This shopping area, located in South Delhi, is full of small and unique boutiques.
- Rewaz Boutique: Amazing collection of sarees! I bought three gorgeous sarees from here for my wedding.
- Ogaan: This is a fairly new boutique for Indian outfits.
Crescent Mall: This mall is full of designer labels and is located on Mehrauli Road. Very exclusive collections by Manish Malhotra et al!
Lajpat Nagar: Located in South Delhi, this area is full of big and small stores. Don’t forget to check out the street hawkers for some amazing accessories.
- Roshan’s: I love the stuff here! They have the most amazing suits and lehengas at great prices. I bought my reception lehenga from here. Highly recommended!
- Shakuntalam: Very stylish lehengas and suits.
Karol Bagh: Karol Bagh is another major and oldest shopping district located in West Delhi.
- PP Jewellers
- Hari Shankar Sunil Kumar Jewelers
- Beli Ram: Silver accessories and gift items. Highly recommended!
- Janak’s: Great men’s traditional outfits as well as suits.
- Wedding Weaves: Same as the one in South Extension.
Chandni Chowk: Chandni Chowk is the oldest shopping area in Delhi. Located in North Delhi (Very close to Lal Quila), it has a charm to it. Got to be careful of “eve-teasers” and the traffic, but otherwise if you are looking for great prices – it’s a must check out!
- Surya Sarees: Amazing collection of sarees, and lehengas. I bought my wedding lehenga from here. Very unique and amazing prices. Highly recommended!
- Champalal Jewellers: Same as the one in South Extension. Again highly recommended!
- Rati Ram Ram Vinod: Lehenga and Sarees.
Rajouri Garden: This area is located in East Delhi and has big and small boutiques and stores.
- Meena Bazaar: Good collection of suits.
- Shakuntalam: Same as the one in Lajpat Nagar.
Other Places worth a mention:
- Shapur Jat: Great for kurtis and tunics. Nice little shops for shoes as well.
- CTC Plaza: Its a huge mall selling traditional Indian clothing and accessories.
- Dilli Haat: If you are looking for favors and stationary – this is a great place to visit.
- Janpath: Awesome and highly recommended, if you want custom table linen, favors etc. for your wedding reception.
- Chawri Bazaar: Invitations and Stationary – great prices! Close to Chandni Chowk.